Payments are vital…
though often dreaded, part of managing any business. Signing up for credit card processing can be a daunting task, and finding a processor who not only charges reasonable rates but also offers other services and functionalities the merchant may want or need can be difficult. Then, to further the stresses associated, if the need arises to switch to a new processor, the merchant may have to pay dearly in early termination fees and liquidated damages, and after it’s all over they’ve lost access to the processor’s transaction and batch reports for the duration of their business relationship.
1. Maintain access to transaction and batch reports:
- Maintain card-on-file functionality
- Seamlessly continue automated marketing programs that are based on transaction history
- Access transaction and batch information for disputes, account balancing or other reference purposes.
2. Never have to worry about PCI Compliance:
A gateway can also serve to remove the merchant out of PCI Scope, ensuring that the precious consumer card data is not only maintained, but is also kept secure no matter the processor. With small businesses paying on average $117,000 for a data breach, and 66% of consumers stating that they are unlikely to shop/do business with an organization that experienced a sensitive data breach, it is increasingly vital to a merchant’s livelihood that consumer data stay secure no matter the processor or the payment platform (In–Store payments, Mobile Payments, Web Payments, etc).
3. Access Added Value Options:
- Automated Marketing Campaigns
- Reviews and Reputation Management
- Auto Fill
- Gift and Loyalty Programs